We are a registered Private Training Establishment based in Auckland. We are the only specialist outdoor education organisation in the upper North Island with a broad scope of Outdoor Education Unit Standards plus our own Certificates registered with NZQA
We specialise in the development and delivery of educational programmes using outdoor and adventurous activities for both personal development and skill development. Our AdventureWorks Programmes enable students to gain increased sense of self-worth, confidence, personal and social effectiveness. We have a broad scope to deliver Unit Standards in the Outdoor Recreation domain to Level 4. We are also able to deliver specific Outdoor Education Unit Standards from these programs as well as the ones listed below.
Our experiential learning approach and interactive nature of all our programmes are focussed on:
- Students setting and working on personal goals
- Group discussing how they want to be and setting goals
- Reflecting on how they are influenced and influence others in the group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Developing self management and leadership skills
- Challenging themselves in a supportive and safe environment
- Challenging self beliefs that are limiting
To see the full list of Unit Standards AdventureWorks have Consent to Assess click here- AWL Consent to Assess Unit Standards
We have developed an exciting event based on the Kaimais. This Rogaine requires groups of up to 8 students to work together over a 24/48 hour period to visit as many locations and complete as many tasks as possible. The activities could include mountain biking, navigate, abseil and climbing, archery, swimming plus various initiatives challenges. We have successfully delivered this for Carmel College and Howick College and would love to share this with more schools.
The event is designed to support assessment for achievement standard 2.4 as well as unit standards 425, 426 and a 431
Types of groups that currently include our courses in their programmes:
- Senior Physical Education classes
- Senior Outdoor Education Classes
- Gateway/ Transition
- Sports and Service Academy
- Teen Parent Units
- Community groups
Personal and Social Change
Our programmes produce meaningful changes in groups and individuals. They are not just an outdoor recreation activity, they are a personal and social change process that uses Challenge Courses as the medium for the development of interpersonal, social, communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- We can base our programmes at most Challenge Courses throughout the North Island. The AdventureWorks Challenge Course on the Unitec Campus, Mt Albert is our main Challenge Course and operations base.
- Our programmes qualify for STAR funding.