Adventure Works Open NCEA Adventure Education Courses provide students at level 1, 2 and 3 the opportunity to gain credits for NCEA while participating in engaging and fun outdoor adventure activities. Our courses include Rock Climbing, Personal Development, High Ropes, Mountain Biking and Camping and Tramping. All activities are facilitated by experienced instructors who have technical and safety skills as well as group and personal development facilitation skills.
What will I gain from these courses?
• Up to 9 credits towards NCEA
• Increase self-confidence and self-belief
• Develop personal capability and resilience
• Experience success in response to challenge and learning
• Develop social and cooperative skills
Duration 4 days location Auckland and Waikato
This is a four day course including overnight camping for beginner and intermediate rock climbers where students learn to rock climb and abseil safely. Students will learn some basic technical skills as well as challenge themselves in a supportive and encouraging group. Credits gained: NCEA level 1 and 2. Learning outcomes
• Demonstrate basic rock climbing movement
• Experience and complete abseiling sessions
• Demonstrate the use of basic rope systems for top rope rock climbing and abseiling
• Experience rock climbing.
444 Demonstrate basic rock climbing movement (v7) Level 2, 1 Credit
20152 Experience and complete abseiling sessions (v2) Level 1, 1 Credit
20157 Demonstrate the use of basic rope systems for top rope rock climbing and abseiling (v2) Level 2, 3 Credits
20210 Experience rock climbing (v2) Level 1, 1 Credit
Duration 4 days location AdventureWorks High Ropes Challenge Course, Unitec campus
This is a four day course* where participants learn valuable skills for life.
• Set personal and group goals
• Giving and receiving feedback to team
• Communicating personal needs to the team
• Challenging yourself in a supportive group environment
467 Demonstrate personal and social development through participation in adventure based learning Level 2, 3 credits
470 Demonstrate personal and social development through participation in a low ropes course programme Level 2, 3 credits
473 Demonstrate personal and social development through participation in a high ropes course programme Level 2, 3 credits
Duration 4 days location Auckland region
This is a 4 day course for novice and intermediate mountain bikers to experience some of the best mountain biking available in the Auckland region. Students will be inspired to do more within a supportive and encouraging group and supported by a great instructor. Credits Gained: NCEA level 1 and 2
• Mountain bike on easy to intermediate terrain
• Select, set up and maintain a mountain or cycle touring bike
• Mountain bike on intermediate to expert terrain
20137 Mountain bike on easy to intermediate terrain (v1) Level 1, 1 Credit
20138 Select, set up and maintain a mountain or cycle touring bike (v1) Level 2, 3 Credits
457 Mountain bike on intermediate to expert terrain (v6) Level 2, 2 Credits
Duration 6 days location Auckland region
This is a 6 day course* delivered in two blocks of three days. Students are involved with risk assessment and management, tramp planning, developing their own menu and participating in a 3 day tramp. (This tramp also qualifies for Silver Duke of Edinburgh expedition or Gold practice tramp).
• Learn to prepare for overnight tramping
• Set up, participate and manage overnight camping
• Learn to navigate using a map and compass
431 Navigate and good visibility on land Level 2, 3 credits
425 Experience day tramps Level 2, 3 credits
426 Experience camping Level 2, 3 credits
*These courses are all approved training schemes with NZQA
For more information and to enroll contact us at:
[email protected] 09 8462644
Or see the CONTACT US page.